Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Digression / Distraction

Today I have to attend a potluck luncheon meeting of the planning committee for next year's Book Club meetings.  Our hostess asked if I could bring a meat dish.  I was too lazy to go grocery shopping so I made do with what I had at hand -- which was bacon, cheddar cheese, broccoli, yellow bell pepper, and green onions -- and I hope it fits the bill:


Personally I love quiche.  And I love a rustic crust -- it says "homemade".  I could have made a prettier one but again, this was a lazy woman's project this morning.  I figure this is appropriately retro for our little group.  By the way, this month's Bon Appetit says "no more cold pasta salads!" but I'll bet I'm the only one who'll be at the luncheon who read that.

I've written this post to support the prediction that my Wednesday's likely shot so that I'm going to be crunching time the rest of the week to get ready for Saturday's FM.  Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment